About Buffalo Rehab Group
Buffalo Rehab Group is a leading Physical and Occupational Therapy provider dedicated to helping community members regain their independence and quality of life following injury or surgery. We pride ourselves on providing the best results and experience for our patients.
About the Role
As an Occupational Therapist with Buffalo Rehab Group, you’ll play a vital role in helping our community members regain independence and joy in their daily lives after injury or surgery. Crafting personalized therapy plans and working closely with patients and families, you’ll be a beacon of support on their journey toward achieving their unique goals. Join our team and make a meaningful impact with your expertise and compassion.
Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy (MS)
- Provide occupational therapy (OT) services, including evidence-based patient care and patient engagement.
- Establish occupational therapy interventions based on patient evaluation and examination, physician orders, and patient goals for therapy.
- Develop individualized Plans of Care (POC) for each patient; discuss POC and expected outcome of the treatment plan with patients.
- Utilize appropriate patient care protocols relating to the physical, psychosocial, developmental, and perceptual needs of patients.
- Perform appropriate occupational therapy techniques and procedures, including utilizing therapeutic exercises, multisensory learning tools, sensory-motor and perceptual activity tools, movement pattern learning, stretching, and hands-on therapy to reduce pain and restore optimal levels of function.
- Record findings, patient progress, and all procedures performed in EMR; modify POC if needed.
- Provide continuity of patient care through written and verbal communication with other health care professionals; make recommendations for needed patient care equipment prior to patient discharge.
- Engage in problem-solving and decision-making while keeping POC and patient goals in mind.
- Train Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTAs) regarding therapeutic methods, Buffalo Rehab Group standards of care, and patient and team engagement.
- Supervise the COTA’s work within the team, and provide professional guidance as required.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Take full responsibility for actions and results
- Maintain knowledge of therapeutic exercises, modality applications, basic manual therapy skills, and patient care techniques
- Meet or exceed standards as outlined in Clinical Policy and take ownership of the same
- Maintain professional licensing as required by the state and Buffalo Rehab Group
- Daily check-in with Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant partner (as applicable)
- Weekly ‘Monday Huddle’ with team
- Weekly 1:1 coach-ups with Office Leader
- Semi-annual Merit Based Compensation review
Compensation & Benefits
Buffalo Rehab Group believes in rewarding greatness. Your annual gross salary as a full-time Occupational Therapist will fall in the range of $65,000 – $80,000, and that’s just the beginning. We offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible PTO, and tuition assistance, because we believe in taking care of those who take care of our community.
As a part-time Occupational Therapist, your hourly wage will fall in the range of $30 – $37 per hour.
Buffalo Rehab Group’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re not just about providing exceptional care; we’re also committed to diversity and inclusion. Buffalo Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds to join our family. We’re dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Join us in making a difference with Buffalo Rehab Group!