Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
About Buffalo Rehab Group
Buffalo Rehab Group is a leading Physical and Occupational Therapy provider dedicated to helping community members regain their independence and quality of life following injury or surgery. We pride ourselves on providing the best results and experience for our patients.
About the Role
As a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) at Buffalo Rehab Group, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping our patients regain their independence and quality of life. Join our team and make an impact on the well-being of our community members. If you’re a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in New York State who’s passionate about delivering exceptional care, we welcome you to be part of our Buffalo Rehab Group family.
- Provide occupational therapy services under the direction of licensed occupational therapist, including evidence-based patient care and patient engagement
- Utilize appropriate patient care protocols relating to the physical, psychosocial, developmental, and perceptual needs of all patients
- Provide occupational therapy interventions in accordance with Plan of Care established by occupational therapist
- Assign specific therapeutic exercises and provide manual therapy to patients; provide assistance and guidance as necessary
- Use a variety of occupational therapy techniques, tools and procedures, including therapeutic exercises, multi-sensory learning tools, sensory motor and perceptual activity tools, movement pattern learning, stretching, and hands-on therapy with goal of reducing pain and restoring optimal levels of function
- Provide continuity of patient care via written and verbal communication with the evaluating occupational therapist
- Document care, patient progress, and any other necessary patient information in medical record
- Engage in problem solving and decision making under occupational therapist supervision
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Manage time effectively
- Take full responsibility for actions and results
- Maintain knowledge of therapeutic exercises, modality applications, basic manual therapy skills, and patient care techniques
- Meet or exceed standards as outlined in Clinical Policy and take ownership of same
- PSTR (efficiency)
- Commitment to Care (engagement)
- EOP/Clinical Outcomes (quality care)
- Net Promotor Score (service)
- Maintain professional licensing as required by the state and Buffalo Rehab Group
- Daily check-in with Occupational Therapist partner
- Weekly ‘Monday Huddle’ with team
- Weekly 1:1 coach-ups with Office Leader
- Semi-annual Merit Based Compensation review
Compensation & Benefits
Buffalo Rehab Group believes in rewarding greatness. Your annual gross salary as a full-time Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant will fall in the range of $40,000 – $65,000, and that’s just the beginning. We offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible PTO, and tuition assistance, because we believe in taking care of those who take care of our community.
As a part-time Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, your wage will fall in the range of $18 – $30 per hour.
Buffalo Rehab Group’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re not just about providing exceptional care; we’re also committed to diversity and inclusion. Buffalo Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds to join our family. We’re dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Join us in making a difference with Buffalo Rehab Group!